Our program is accredited by the following organizations:
• Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy
• Children's Oncology Group Transplant Center
• National Marrow Donor Program Transplant Center
• Pediatric BMT Consortium Member
• International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry Research Center
• Designated Center of Excellence by the California Department of Health Services
Eligibility & Referrals
Physicians should initiate a referral as soon as they determine that stem cell transplantation is a treatment option. The affected child's hematologist, oncologist or other specialist, may refer the family to our program by calling (510) 428-3374. Because it can take a long time to locate a donor, if needed, and because additional therapy may affect the toxicity of stem cell transplantation, the sooner a patient is referred, the better.
We assist families in the search for a matching donor. We look for a matching donor among the patient's relatives first. If tests reveal there is no match in the family, our program coordinators can help locate an unrelated donor through donor registries.
Patients up to age 21 who have transplant-treatable illnesses and a matching stem cell donor are eligible for our services.