Children's department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Medicine provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient laboratory testing for children from birth through adolescence. The clinical lab not only specializes in performing a wide variety of testing, but its phlebotomists are expert in drawing blood and collecting samples from infants and children using microtechniquies to minimize the amount of blood drawn.
The lab provides a full range of pediatric pathology diagnostic services in surgical pathology, postmortem examination and clinical laboratory consultation.
The department also includes the following laboratories:
• Flow cytometry and immunology
• Molecular genetics and molecular diagnostics
• Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) analysis
• Special coagulation laboratory
• Full service hemoglobinopathy analysis, a state reference laboratory.
Please contact your physician for a referral.
Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Phone: (510) 510-428-3525
Fax: (510) 450-5616
• For answers to testing-related questions, please call Jayshree Merchant, MS, MT(ASCP), the division's administrative director, at (510) 428-3365 or send an email to email@example.com.
Where to find us
Main hospital —Map/Directions
747 52nd St, Oakland, CA 94609