UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals are fortunate to be affiliated with volunteer-run auxiliary groups dedicated to raising funds to support our mission and to raising awareness of pediatric health issues.
- Children's Hospital Branches advocates for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland in the community. Funds raised by the organization seed new programs and provide ongoing support for departments throughout the hospital.
- Children's Health Guild is a group of Bay Area women who dedicate their time and talent to raise funds on behalf of UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland and the George Mark Children's House.
- Ambassadors for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco share a deep love and concern for children. Through philanthropy, volunteerism, and community outreach, they ensure that the needs of children and their families are provided for during their stay at the hospital. For more information on the Ambassadors group, please contact Amelia LaPlante, Associate Director of Development, at Amelia.LaPlante@ucsf.edu or (415) 502-6225.
Children's Hospital Branches
Generations of kids and families have benefited from the efforts of the Branches. Every year the more than 450 members of the Branches provide over $1,000,000 to support programs throughout the hospital, including Family House, the Parent-Infant program, Katie's Clinic for Rett syndrome, and the Art for Life program. CHORI, The Artist-in-Residence program, International Adoption Clinic, the Center for Child Protection and FACES for the Future also benefited, along with the Autism Intervention Program, the Intensive Care Nursery and the Palliative Care program.
As the hospital has evolved in response to the needs of the community, the Branches organization has, too, developing creative and enjoyable ways to bring people together in support of the hospital. Today, Branches events such as the Spring Shopping Spree, the Gala des Enfants, and the Winter Ball are part of the fabric of life in the Bay Area, eagerly awaited each year and indelibly associated with UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland.
Of all the partners standing hand in hand with Children's Hospital Oakland, the Branches' roots run deepest. Reaching down to the bedrock upon which the hospital was built, the Children's Hospital Branches is a network of volunteer auxiliaries that has been an integral part of the Children's family since the hospital's beginnings in 1914. The hospital founded by women has been supported by women, right from the start.
Throughout 100 years of service, members of the Branches have served as Children's advocates in the community, raising millions of dollars to provide both seed money for new programs and ongoing support that has touched virtually every department and division at the hospital.
Many members of our auxiliaries, the Branches, have spent much of their lives volunteering. Join us. You will not only be serving the community, but also have the opportunity to meet new people and become a part of a rewarding volunteer program.
Children's Hospital Branches Organizations
To contact an individual branch chairperson, see: ChildrensHospitalBranches.org
- Garden Branch, Blossom Garden Branch
Alameda & Contra Costa Counties
- Chinquapin/Foothill Branch
- Teak Branch
Contra Costa County
- Live Oak Branch
- Acorn Branch
Junior and Emeritus Branches
- Cedar, Jr.