Walnut Creek - Children's Hospital Walnut Creek Specialty Care
Children's Hospital Walnut Creek Specialty Care brings world-class pediatric care closer to patients and families in the Walnut Creek and Contra Costa County area. The Walnut Creek Campus offers a wide range of pediatric outpatient specialty medical and surgical services and ancillary testing. The Shadelands location offers the latest technology and access to pediatric specialists in Audiology, Speech, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, ENT, Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Occupational Therapy, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonary, Urology, Diagnostic Imaging, Radiology. All care is provided by physicians who are members of Children's Hospital attending physician staff.
Phone: (925) 979-3400
Our child-friendly surgical environment is staffed by pediatric-trained anesthesiologists, surgeons, nurses, and technicians—providing unparalleled safety and comfort for patients and their families. Our board certified anesthesiologists are fellowship-trained in pediatric anesthesia and are in full-time pediatric practice.
- State-of-the-art operating rooms
- Induction rooms, so parents can be with their child as he/she falls asleep
- Fully equipped procedure room for non-surgical procedures
- Spacious recovery room accommodates up to 10 children, plus parents
Information on Preparing for Surgery
Como Prepararse Para la Cirugia
Diagnostic Imaging & Radiology
Phone: (925) 979-3400
More information: Diagnostic Imaging
We provide timely and accurate reports to referring physicians. Our pediatric radiologists are trained to diagnose illnesses and medical conditions of infants and children. Our specialized technology and experienced staff are devoted to the special needs of pediatric patients.
- Advanced digital radiography/X-ray and pulsed fluoroscopy significantly reduce radiation exposure
- 3.0 tesla MRI—producing high resolution images with or without sedation
- Same-day appointments are available for imaging studies not requiring sedation
Information on MRI with Anesthesia
Como Prepararse para una MRI (RMN) con Anestesia
Phone: (925) 979-4000
Children from Contra Costa County and beyond have access to board-certified pediatric subspecialists, all under one roof. The following subspecialty care is available:
Hearing & Speech Center
Phone: (925) 979-3440
More information: Audiology
, Speech Therapy
Our licensed pediatric audiology specialists work closely with referring pediatricians, ENT physicians, speech and language pathologists, and developmental specialists.
- Speech and language services for infants and children with hearing loss
- Comprehensive newborn hearing screening
- Audiologic evaluations to confirm the presence of hearing loss
- Therapy, auditory training, and aural habilitation/rehabilitation
- Sedated and non-sedated auditory brainstem response (ABR) evaluation for children age 0-21, as well as Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) evaluation for children age 7 and older
- Routine reevaluation in conjunction with otologic management for sensory devices (e.g., hearing aids, hearing assistive devices, cochlear implants)
Sports Medicine Center for Young Athletes
Phone: (925) 979-3430
More information: Sports Medicine at Children's Hospital
We're the first sports medicine program in Northern California to work exclusively with young athletes. Our objective is to; first and foremost, facilitate a child's quick and safe return to the enjoyment of sports through appropriate rehabilitation, ongoing education and training. Our new, 6,000 sq. ft. sports medicine center offers state-of-the-art sports performance equipment specifically designed for the developing young athlete.
back to top
- Physical therapy of sports-related injuries in children and adolescents
- Sports performance enhancement
- Injury prevention techniques