747 52nd Street
Oakland, CA 94609
Why Families Choose Us
Professional Teams and Complex Heart Procedures
- Here at Children’s Hospital Oakland, we specialize in the early and complete repair of complex congenital heart diseases, as well as defects in low-birth-weight neonates, staged management of patients born with a functional single ventricle, and unifocalization.
- Consultation and surgical services utilize the resources of both Neonatology and Cardiology, as well as a wide range of pediatric subspecialits.
Cutting Edge Cardiothoracic Techniques
- Our surgical techniques borrow from the latest in pediatric cardiac surgery research.
- Our surgical team is involved in a variety of clinical and translational studies that are related to heart conditions in children and young adults. This research provides invaluable insights into the management of complex cardiac disease.
- Wherever possible, we adopt minimally-invasive surgical approaches that not only improve your child’s outlook and comfort level, but also provide the added benefit of reduced recovery times.
Prenatal Consultation & Advanced Fetal Cardiology
- If a congenital heart condition is suspected, Children’s Heart Center cardiologists are able to make a diagnosis and begin a plan of care well in advance of the baby’s delivery. Our full-service fetal diagnostic program, including Fetal MRI, is one of the largest in Northern California—providing an unparalleled level of diagnostic accuracy.
Minimal Blood Use Program
- Minimal blood use options are available to those who wish to lower or eliminate the need for donor blood during medical and surgical procedures. The practice of minimal blood use medicine involves a range of techniques, including pre-procedural preparation to maximize blood counts, intra- and post-procedural techniques to minimize blood loss, and the use of alternative bloodless therapies. If you plan to participate in this program, please talk to your doctor or surgeon in advance