Emergency Medicine Application & Admission
All applications to the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship at CHRCO are processed through the Electronic Resident Application System (ERAS). Application and program information are available at ERAS
Applicants must have satisfactorily completed a Pediatric or Emergency Medicine residency program in North America AND be board eligible prior to the start of the fellowship.
In addition, all applicants must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
Applications must include:
- Be a graduate of a US or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- Be a graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Be a graduate of a medical school outside of the United States who meets one or more of the following qualifications:
- Have a current valid ECFMG certificate
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a US licensing jurisdiction.
International medical graduate applications must also include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (3 letters - including a letter from the current program director)
- Passing scores on USMLE Steps I, II, III
- Copy of Gren Card, J-1 Visa, or Documentation of U.S. Citizenship
- Valid ECFMG Certificate
- Evidence of previous training in the United States
- Letter from the Medical Board of California verifying qualification for licensure in the state.
Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, or disability.