- We have the Bay Area’s only State of California designated Level 1 pediatric trauma center exclusively for kids.
- 315 basic and clinical research staff
- 356 research studies advancing treatment for children
- We have been training pediatricians since 1926. Each year we train on average:
- 200 Pediatric Residents
- 100 Medical Students and Subspecialty Fellows
- 557 Hospital-based and community-based physicians on Medical Staff
- 758 Registered nurses, full- and part-time. We have one of the highest retention rates for nurses.
- 2700 Employees, full- and part-time
- 190 licensed beds
- With no public pediatric beds in Alameda or Contra Costa counties, we serve as the East Bay’s premier pediatric medical center.
- Our research institute provided 85% of the DNA used for the Human Genome Project.
- 10,230 Inpatient Admissions
- 229,025 Outpatient Visits
- 47,611 Emergency Visits
- 9,065 Surgical Cases
- We established the first not-for-profit sibling donor cord blood bank which has led to children being cured of sickle cell disease and other blood diseases.
- Largest provider of inpatient and outpatient services under California Children’s Services (CCS)
- Over 67% of our patient population is covered by Medi-Cal
- 2 School-based Health Centers. We are also the healthcare provider for Alameda County Juvenile Justice Hall.
Contact Media Relations
|Media Relations Team|
8 AM to 5 PM, M-F
Phone: (510) 428-3069
Mobile: (510) 388-5927
Phone: (510) 428-3000
Ask the operator to page the on-call media relations representative.