FACT SHEET: UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- 1 of 5 ACS Pediatric Level 1 Trauma Centers in California.
- 32,483 Total New Patients
- 10,452 Total Inpatient Admissions
- 163,204 Total Outpatient Clinic visits
- 14,381 Total Outpatient Satellite Clinic Visits (Brentwood, Walnut Creek, Larkspur, Pleasanton, San Ramon)
- 1,112 Outpatient Surgery Cases Walnut Creek
- 400+ Total Number of Air Transports
- 3,433 Inpatient Surgery Cases (Main Hospital)
- 8,185 Total Surgical Cases (Inpatient, Outpatient, Walnut Creek)
- 45,837 Total Emergency Visits
- 22.1% Patients from Contra Costa County
- 63.7% Patients from Alameda County
- 15,998 Inpatient X-Ray and Laboratory Studies
- 239,420 Outpatient Visits that Included an X-Ray and/or Laboratory Study
- 567 Hospital-based and community-based physicians on Medical Staff
- 758 Registered Nurses (full- and part-time) We have one of the highest retention rates for nurses.
- 2700 Employees (full- and part-time)
- 190 Licensed beds
- 1926 The year we began training pediatricians
- 200 Pediatric Residents
- 100 Medical Students and Subspecialty Fellows
- 18 Languages Spoken by Residents
(Arabic, American Sign Language, Gujarati, Spanish, Chinese [Mandarin, Cantonese], Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Hebrew, Amharic, Farsi, Urdu, Hindi, Russian)
- 2 School-based Health Centers
- The largest provider of inpatient and outpatient services under California Children’s Services (CCS)
- With no public funded pediatric hospital beds in Alameda or Contra Costa counties, we serve as the East Bay’s premier pediatric medical center.
- We are the pediatric healthcare provider for Alameda County Juvenile Justice Hall.
Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute:
- 179 Active Clinical Trials for Pediatrics
- 190 Clinical Research Staff
- 23 Active Diagnostic Inventions
- 95 Active Therapeutic Inventions
- 356 Research Studies Advancing Treatment for Children
- 20 Patents Issued
- 120 Research Volunteers
- Provided 85% of the DNA used for the Human Genome Project.
- Established the first not-for-profit sibling donor cord blood bank which has led to children being cured of sickle cell disease and other blood diseases.
Contact Media Relations
|Media Relations Team|
8 AM to 5 PM, M-F
Phone: (510) 428-3069
Mobile: (510) 388-5927
Phone: (510) 428-3000
Ask the operator to page the on-call media relations representative.