Thank you for your interest in volunteering for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. We appreciate your interest in serving our young patients and their families.
Our on-boarding process for hospital volunteers includes the following:
Volunteer Application and Health Clearance Form
- Background check
- Personal interview
- Placement-specific training
As a result, it can often take 2-3 months to become a volunteer.
Because of the great number of volunteer applications we receive and because of the nature of the volunteer schedule, we cannot guarantee placement in our program. Currently, we do not have any openings available for high school students during the school year.
To apply to volunteer:
Our orientations for May and June are full. Please email Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for our upcoming New Volunteer Orientations on September 10, 2015 or November 5, 2015. You need only attend one session.
- Please do not send applications to Volunteer Services; all applications that are received will be returned.
- Please bring your completed Volunteer Application & Health Clearance form to the next orientation.
High School Students
Our High School Summer Program is now full. Please check back in September for information on our 2016 High School Summer Program. Thank you!
Volunteers at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland are a diverse, well trained group of individuals who generously give thousands of hours each year to support hospital staff and patients. Our Volunteer program is service-based, which means that our volunteers provide service to the hospital without the expectation of personal benefit beyond the intangible benefits of service.
How To Apply
If you are interested in submitting an application to become a
Children's Hospital volunteer, download and complete the Application and
Health Clearance Form.
- Be 16 years or older
- Commit to a minimum of one shift per week for at least six months of continuous service, and a total minimum commitment of 100 hours
- Pass a background check
- Be in good general physical and mental health
- Have no criminal record
- Complete the Volunteer Application & Health Clearance form