Thank you for your interest in volunteering for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. We appreciate your interest in serving our young patients and their families.
Our on-boarding process for hospital volunteers includes the following:
As a result, it can often take 2-3 months to become a volunteer.
- Volunteer Application and Health Clearance Form
- Background check
- Group orientation
- Personal interview
- Placement-specific training
Because of the great number of volunteer applications we receive and because of the nature of the volunteer schedule, we cannot guarantee placement in our program.
To apply to volunteer:
- Please check back after February 1 to learn the date of our next New Volunteer Orientation..
- Please do not send applications to Volunteer Services; all applications that are received will be returned.
- Please bring your completed Volunteer Application & Health Clearance form to the next orientation.
Volunteers at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland are a diverse, well trained group of individuals who generously give thousands of hours each year to support hospital staff and patients. Our Volunteer program is service-based, which means that our volunteers provide service to the hospital without the expectation of personal benefit beyond the intangible benefits of service.
How To Apply
If you are interested in submitting an application to become a
Children's Hospital volunteer, download and complete the Application and
Health Clearance Form.
- Be 16 years or older
- Commit to a minimum of one shift per week for at least six months of continuous service, and a total minimum commitment of 100 hours
- Pass a background check
- Be in good general physical and mental health
- Have no criminal record
- Complete the Volunteer Application & Health Clearance form