There is nothing more precious or important in your life than your child's health. We know that. And it's something we fight for every day.
Why Do Families and Doctors Choose Oakland Children's Hospital?
- A better outcome: Treatment is provided by a team of sub-specialty, fellowship-trained physicians who care for tens of thousands of children across 30 specialties. More experience means quality care and better outcomes.
- Proper treatment from the start: Shared care from a comprehensive team of highly trained board-certified pediatric specialists, nurses, technicians and therapists is vital to ensure the right treatment from the start.
- Child-friendly people in a child-friendly environment: Making kids and their families feel welcomed and comfortable is an important part of our specialized treatment.
- Holistic care: People who understand how to make sure your child's fears are overcome are essential to our services. Our specialists are focused on your child's developmental, educational, and emotional health.
- Less invasive medical procedures: Advances in medicine have made it difficult for general hospitals to stay abreast of the most innovative treatments. Specialty centers like ours are on the cutting edge of technology, often pioneering new techniques.
- Doctors who look at kids as more than "small adults": All our equipment is kid-sized and we know the protocols that work best for children. At Children's you get benefit of our deep experience caring for infants and children. Expert care can mean lower doses of radiation and anesthesia.
- Children treated as unique patients: Because their anatomy and physiology differs from adults, children require treatment tailored to their needs. Often they aren't able to fully express their thoughts, emotions and fears. They deserve a hospital where the doctors and nurses know how to provide the highest quality medical care without losing sight of the person entrusted to their care.
Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland: Where Science & Compassion Meet
Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland is a leading pediatric medical facility in California
, and one of the most specialized pediatric treatment centers in the entire United States
. Over 100 years of focusing all our attention and all our people on caring for children has made Children's Hospital the primary pediatric referral center in the region
for life-saving care. We are able to treat rare and very serious illnesses and health problems like cancer, heart defects, brain tumors, and trauma—and we know how to tailor treatment to the needs of a child.
Children's Research Institute (CHORI) ranks in the top ten in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding
and has made significant headway in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer and blood diseases
Despite our achievements in the world of medicine, you and your family will always feel the personalized warmth of our staff and doctors. Everyone here is 100% focused on making children better. We thank you for placing the most valuable part of your life under our care.